The Kenneth Hood Award recognizes individuals and/or organizations who have carried forward the torch of service on behalf of today’s senior citizens population. Candidates must have exhibited some or all of the following:
· A significant history of service to the senior community.
· Developed, provided, or conducted programs or services that enhance the quality of life for senior citizens.
· Embraced or nurtured activities that affect in a positive way the lives of the senior citizen population.
· They must set an example by contributing their efforts toward the above with zest or the joy of living.
· Candidates must reside, work, and/or volunteer in the Village of Arlington Heights.
· Preferably, the award will be granted to a living individual, but it can be awarded posthumously.